B1L Sn/ 4690 This trumpet was made in December 1970 for “Johnson-Hoffman Co.”
|Amado water valves. It’s not clear, but there’s a very slight wave on the underside of the lead pipe just past the receiver, so it’s possible that it has been repaired, very expertly, at some point.|
- B1L – ML Bore – (.460”/11.68mm) / L Bell – (5”/127.00mm) Yellow Brass Bell with #1 Taper
Acclaimed for its exceptional intonation, ease in response, and outstanding projection, the Renold O. Schilke designed Bb trumpet has set the standard for playability and build quality since it was introduced in 1956. The classic reverse main tuning slide with full radius bend, mouthpipe design and bore variation help create a responsive, open feel with an overall evenness throughout the range of the instrument at all dynamic levels. This characteristic design is streamlined, clean and elegant. The B and X models provide a balanced, comfortable playing experience with a superior tone quality.
- B1L – Tunable yellow brass bell. The detachable bell design allows tuning from the bell, to offer a more open, free feeling in the upper register. With less bracing, the response feels quicker by allowing the bell to resonate more to improve projection.
- Medium-large bore
- Large throat bell
Each Schilke Trumpet is made by hand. Get yours today.
- Key: Bb Bore: .460-inch (11.68mm)
- Leadpipe: Reverse taper
- Leadpipe Material: Yellow brass
- Bell: 5-inch (127mm) large throat with #1 taper in fixed or tunable design
- Bell Material: Yellow brass
- Valves: Monel
- 1st Valve Slide Adjustment: Thumb saddle
- 3rd Valve Slide Adjustment: Fixed ring
- Finish: Silver plate
Used Protec single case / No Mpc
The B1 was the preferred Bb trumpet of the legendary Renold O. Schilke and is the basis in design for the other B & X Series instruments. Distinguished by its free and open feel, this trumpet is among the most popular Schilke models, allowing the player the diversity in sound color from a rich, full bodied dark sound to a brilliant ringing tone when desired.
One-piece Yellow Brass Bell
#1 Bell Taper
.460″ ML Step Bore